With its height of 35 meters, the water tower, built in 1897, towers over the buildings on the grounds of the Bonner Bogen. The water reservoir was originally used to secure the cement factory against fire fires.
A circular glass pavilion is to be built at the base of the tower, which enables a combined use as a café and as an exhibition space. The tower shaft made of solid brick masonry tapers upwards and remains in its historical form. Only repair measures are required on it. The tower head, which is attached to the water tank, is to be restored in detail, supplemented by a glass band through which the water tank is made visible and illuminated in the evening.